Wed, Oct 19|
Camp Grayling Class Room 601 C
2022 In-Service Training (Fall II)
ISTP is a two-day training event that will focus on Emergency Vehicle Operations (EVO), Defensive Tactics, and Firearms Training.
Time & Location
Oct 19, 2022, 9:00 AM EDT – Oct 21, 2022, 3:00 PM EDT
Camp Grayling Class Room 601 C, Bldg 4, Camp Rd, Grayling, MI 49738, USA
About the event
Description: ISTP is a two-day training event that will focus on Emergency Vehicle Operations (EVO), Defensive Tactics, and Firearms Training. Each class will be offered twice to help agencies in balancing class requirements, yet still provide adequate patrols and meet other scheduling needs. Firearms will be a six-hour course. Emergency Vehicle Operations (EVO) will be taught in three-hour blocks in conjunction with Defensive Tactics (DT).
Emergency Vehicle Operations: This is a three-hour course. Officers will attend either the morning or afternoon session and attend the DT course during the opposite period of instruction. This course is required before attending NMLETG Advance Driving courses. Instruction will include emergency vehicle operation, precision driving, and vehicular pursuit techniques. Officers will be briefed on the Below 100 Program to enhance safety and reduce line-of-duty deaths.
- Required material/equipment: Wear duty uniform, duty belt, ballistic armor, duty flashlight, and issued rain gear. Vehicles will NOT be provided by NMLETG this year; agency vehicles must be safe and serviceable.
- Prerequisites: MCOLES Certified Officers only.
Defensive Tactics (DT) Level One: DT Level One is a three-hour course. In this session officers will be instructed on DT training consisting of verbal and physical instruction of the techniques vital to today’s law enforcement officer’s safety. Instruction will include verbal, static, and dynamic instruction that allows officers to build confidence through a proactive hands-on approach to handcuffing, searching, weapons retention/takeaways, physical escapes, takedowns, and strikes and counter-strikes. This is a dynamic learning environment with emphasis placed strongly on each officer’s safety.
- Required material/ equipment: Physical Training Uniform, Department training records for documentation (if applicable).
- Prerequisites: None
Firearms: This is a six-hour, one day course beginning at 9:00 am utilizing the Live Fire Shoot House (Range #4) and the Urban Assault Course (UAC). Instruction will include Force on Force scenarios with room clearing, shoot/don’t shoot scenarios and two officer tactics. Shoot House will be crawl/walk/run build up training with officer safety priority. This new iteration exposes officers to live fire in a building utilizing their weapon system.
*** The Firearms course will not replace the annual requirement for MCOLES qualification. It is highly recommended that this portion of firearms training be conducted by the officer’s home agency.
- Required material/equipment: Wear duty uniform, duty belt, ballistic armor, duty flashlight, and issued rain gear. Departments will send personnel with 50 Rounds of ammunition; those unable will be provided sufficient ammunition to complete the course. All safety equipment will be provided by the NMLETG.
- Prerequisites: MCOLES Certified Officers only
Class Size: 30 officers maximum per day.
Locations: Camp Grayling Class Room 601 C, Drive Pad, Range #4 and UAC.
Cost per officer: Member Fee: $150.00 Non-Member Fee: $250.00
Registration: Register online at the NMLETG website www.nmletg.org
Registration Deadline: September 19th, 2022.