ORV Patrol Certification
Time & Location
Date: May 12/13th, 2020.
Course Description: This is a 2-day course of instruction that will focus on rider positions, maneuvering to include acceleration, stopping, dismounting and tactical mounting and dismounting. It will also include stopping suspects and culminates each day with a skills exercise.
Instructors: Matt Liestenfeltz, retired from Michigan DNR Law Division after 22 years. Matt has trained Local, Municipal, Federal and Military Law enforcement professionals throughout the country. Assistant Instructor Mike Hearn has been a Conservation Officer with Michigan DNR for over 14 years. Mike is currently a Field Training Officer instructing new officers in vehicle operations.
Class Size: 10 Student minimum, 20 Student maximum.
Material/ Equipment: Each student must bring the following equipment:
- 4 wheeled ATV, no dirt bikes, enduro’s or 3 wheeled ATV’s.
- Helmet with safety standard of DOT, ANSI or SNELL, full faced.
- Eye protection: face shield, googles or shatter proof safety glasses. All glasses should be well ventilated to prevent frogging.
- Gloves: Sturdy and easy to grip with, snug fit to prevent chaffing.
- Boots: Sturdy over the ankle boots, fit snug and provide support.
- Long sleeve shirt and sturdy pants.
Cost: Member fee: $395.00, non-member fee: $495.00, lunch included.
Lodging is available at the Days Inn of Grayling at a special rate of $70.00
Registration deadline: May 1st, 2020
MCOLES Course ID #2005