Wed, Oct 14|
ORV Patrol Certification
This is a 2-day course of instruction that will focus on rider positions, maneuvering to include acceleration, stopping, dismounting and tactical mounting and dismounting.
Time & Location
Oct 14, 2020, 8:00 AM – Oct 15, 2020, 5:00 PM
Camp Grayling, Camp Grayling, Classroom 601A
About the event
Course Description: This is a 2-day course of instruction that will focus on rider positions, maneuvering to include acceleration, stopping, dismounting and tactical mounting and dismounting. It will also include stopping suspects and culminates each day with a skills exercise.
Instructors: Matt Liestenfeltz, retired from Michigan DNR Law Division after 22 years. Matt has trained Local, Municipal, Federal and Military Law enforcement professionals throughout the country. Assistant Instructor Mike Hearn has been a Conservation Officer with Michigan DNR for over 14 years. Mike is currently a Field Training Officer instructing new officers in vehicle operations. Assistant instructor Chuck McPherson has been a Conservation Officer with the Michigan DNR for 23 years and is currently the lead EVO instructor and the lead ORV training instructor for the DNR LED.
Class Size: 10 Student minimum, 20 student maximum.
Material/ Equipment: Each student must bring the following equipment:
- 4 wheeled ATV, no dirt bikes, enduro’s or 3 wheeled ATV’s.
- Helmet with safety standard of DOT, ANSI or SNELL, full faced.
- Eye protection: face shield, googles or shatter proof safety glasses.
- All glasses should be well ventilated to prevent to prevent fogging.
- Gloves: Sturdy and easy to grip with, snug fit to prevent chaffing.
- Boots: Sturdy over the ankle boots, fit snug and provide support.
- Long sleeve shirt and sturdy pants.
Cost: Member fee $395.00, non-member fee: $495.00, lunch included.
Lodging is available at the Days Inn/Ramada Inn of Grayling at a special NMLETG rate.
Registration deadline: September 30, 2020
MCOLES Course ID# 2005